Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I have always wanted to watch TV in SL!

We have tried watching TV or video podcast from the web on the TV in our SL living room several times. The media plays, but it's laggy, the sound is not in sync, and there are always issue if others are in the room trying to watch too. Anytime a new app comes out I always want to try it because one of my dreams for SL is to have a bunch of friends over for movie night, or Oscar night, or other TV events. I love to entertain, but none of our SL friends live near us, and it's sooo much easier to clean house in SL. No one complains about the dog hair on the sofa, or nor do I feel guilty if I forget to make sure I swept behind the toilet. Tonight we are trying Metaverse TV. As you can see, it's just not quite working for me. I have high hopes that one day the TV application will really consistently work for everyone in a room watching a media feed. Until then, I will just watch the Q. I will note that Zak could see the video on his screen. Maybe it both of us on the same internet connection, my mac, his pc, who knows. Anyway, I'll wait for anouther night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mine does the same thing! It is so frustrating! I have an @home brand TV. Which is yours?

Katoria Stevenson said...

I have a @home TV too Tym! Some days it works, most days it doesn't lol

CJ Escher said...

Our tv is Zakworks version. Zak pulled the script somewhere and made the tv.