Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Really have 3 Part Time Jobs?

Today I am taking some time to catch up on some quiet reading here by the beach. Over the past few months I have begun to demonstrate some behaviour very similar to my real life. Sigh, I am a workaholic. I enjoy my job in RL and I take pride in doing it well. For years one of the things I enjoyed about SL was that I didn't have to do much of anything other than talking to people and shopping. I will admit that I did go through a period of gambling addition around 2004-2005 but that was back when the Lindens paid landowners Dwell fees and you could really make some money sitting a slot machine for hours and hours. I would stay online all night and all day. Since the end of camping and free money in

SL I have not had much of an ambition to get a job.

Last February I began to think that having some extra excitement in SL might be a fun thing and it would help subsidize my shopping habits. I got a job as a photographer with Dream Studios. It was a fun job and I enjoy taking pictures, and editing them. This was a great part time job because I could work when it fit my schedule. I did not feel like I had to be online all the time.

In July I decided to start a wedding consultation service, Wedding Elegance. We started booking weddings in August and so far we have assisted with four weddings and have a few others on the calendar. I am also working on a system to sell customized wedding invitations and holiday cards through a vendor. I like working with people and since I'm organized the weddings have been a lot of fun. I did slow down on advertising after having two weddings in one week. That was a lot of work. The day of a wedding also fully consumes your RL day. This is especially true when your customers are not in your timezone.

This week was my first week as a club manager. One of our good friends, Ander Galthie, is devoting some more time to his RL, so I agreed to fill in as the manager of IGBC on Monday nights. Due to some other people's computer issues and RL situations, I ended up working three nights this week instead of one. I can sometimes be an over achiever. I have enjoyed it but I really don't want to make SL all work and no play. That said, if you are online on a Monday night from 6:00 - 8:00 PM IM me for a tp to the party. I'm also attaching a slurl below. We have a great time and there are some really wonderful people who are regulars. Everyone will always say hi to you. The dancers are pretty hot too, but I'm biased.

So now that I have turned my SL into a part time job, or three part time jobs, I guess I can afford to buy more boots, and dresses, and sweaters, and hair, and jewelry, and.... You get the idea. Have a great week everyone!

http://slurl.com/secondlife/IGBC%20Gay%20Rehoboth/245/243/26

0 comments: